Sometimes life throws curveballs that catch you by surprise and can challenge you to the point of overwhelm. Whether it’s a change in your health, your relationships, your work or your environment, your world is rocked and you may find yourself suddenly feeling like you’re not coping.
When such changes occur, you might feel trapped, in a fog, at the end of your rope, banging your head against a brick wall or up the creek without a paddle. In these circumstances you can lose sight of your strengths, your capabilities and your resources. You might feel lost, alone and wondering if you will ever find your way out of the darkness of your situation.
In this space you might experience any combination of the following:
- Constant worry about the future
- Constant low, flat mood
- Loss of energy – or too much energy
- Difficulties sleeping or eating
- Disconnection from others
- Fuzzy thinking
- Inability to make decisions
- Thoughts about ending it all
- Inability to relax your body or your mind – or both!
- Distressing and/or uncharacteristic responses to people you love and things you enjoy
- Deep and lingering sadness
- Constant negative thoughts about yourself, your situation, life
- Regrets about the past
- Intense loneliness
- Feeling out of control
- Questions about your sanity
- Questions about life, the universe and the way things really are…
Accessing personal counselling can be a way to find your bearings, to explore possibilities to make your situation better and to give you strategies to enhance your resilience when faced with unexpected change in the future. Counselling can also help you to uncover the skills, strategies and knowledge that have served you well in the past and that could be useful in your present situation and beyond.
Here at Cynosure Support Services, we treat you as a unique individual and put you in the driver’s seat as you devise a pathway toward the life you would prefer. Rather than tell you what to do or give advice, we work compassionately and creatively with you to help you to determine what is important to you and what is going to work for you in your situation. It really is all about you!
We do this in a safe, confidential space with a degree-qualified, experienced and nationally registered counsellor.
No referral or Mental Health Plan is necessary to access this service, which means there are no caps on the number of counselling sessions you can access. You decide how long counselling is necessary. Best of all, every 5th session is discounted by 50%!
We’re here to help you to Re-ignite your Life!