At Cynosure Support Services, we understand that the process of finding or changing a career is not always easy and can be very lonely and discouraging. Career Support is a negotiated combination of career advice, skill development and self-development that assists you to understand HOW to identify a job of good fit, WHAT you have to offer a prospective employer, and HOW to present your work history effectively on paper and in person. Through provision of regular feedback and in working alongside you, Cynosure Support Services seeks to develop your confidence in your own employability and to ensure that you don't have to go through this process alone.
Career Support may be helpful for you if:
- You are dissatisfied with your current role and want to explore your options before moving on...
- You are facing a redundancy and need to find another role...
- You have put out lots of applications and haven't received a single response, much less an interview...
- You haven't written a job application for years and are not sure how to write one these days...
- You are concerned that you might be overlooked for employment because of age or any other factor...
- You have worked in lots of jobs for short periods of time...
- Life circumstances require you to find a different line of work...
- You're still wondering what you want to do when you grow up...
The short answer is - YES! However, we recognise that painful employment experiences can shake confidence for future employment. Cynosure Support Services also offers a counselling service that can help you work through the distress of your bad employment experience so that you can then move confidently into your future career.
Career Support services are negotiated with you and can include:
- Resume review and advice
- Resume development (content and formatting)
- Selection criteria and cover letters
- Personality and career explorations
- Interview preparation
- Job searching process
The short answer is - YES! However, it depends on the time-frame required for your application as to how much support can be realistically offered. Discuss your situation with Cynosure Support Services to see what is possible.
All documents created for you remain your property. Cynosure Support Services will not use or release your documents without your knowledge or written permission, and will take all reasonable efforts to maintain the confidentiality of any information that you provide. Cynosure Support Services may keep an electronic copy of the documents we have developed together on file for 1 year as a back-up for you, after which time these documents will be deleted.
A variety of options are possible, depending on your circumstances and preferences. Face-to-face options can be arranged within Brisbane at a public location of your choice. Video-conferencing (e.g. Skype), e-mail and phone options are available also. Contact Cynosure Support Services to negotiate what will work best for you.
This will depend on your goals for Career Support and what you already have in place. Approximate times
- Resume review/advice - at least 1 hour
- Resume development from scratch - at least 4 hours
- Redesign of existing resume - at least 2.5 hours
- Career review, job searching process, personality assessments - at least 1 hour.
Cost for service depends on the type of assistance you are seeking and what you already have in place. Most Career Support services operate on an hourly rate, with package deals available for 4-, 6- and 8- hour blocks of service within one calendar month. Talk to Cynosure Support Services to discuss your needs and your budget.